Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love, El-e-men-tar-y Style....Revisited

I have always heard that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover....and apparently, you shouldn't judge Unnamed Fourth-Grade Girls by their hair color. The blog I wrote last week was written purely in jest....if you know me, then you also know that sarcastic humor is my native tongue. Obviously, I was really writing about the angst I feel when I realize that my child is growing up so fast. Since then it has occurred to me that my child would be mortified, and possibly hurt, if he ever read it.

Also, I met Her face-to-face for the first time this wee and she is adorable...big blue eyes, a sprinkling of freckles, and nice manners. She looked me in the eye and talked to me directly when I asked her questions and she smiled at my True Lover like he was the yummiest thing since Reese's Cups! I chatter with her Mom who seems great; "no-nonsense" and very straightforward. We agree that we don't mind them spending time together under close supervision, but we want to be clear that they are not "dating." Jackson and I have started discussing what it means to be respectful of women and keep personal information private; the whole experience has deepened our mother-son relationship.

Some people think I am taking the who thing too seriously and they can't believe I am so "permissive" with my child. But that's okay, I try to take the praise, criticism and advice as graciously as possible. I don't think Kate and Wills have to worry that these two will be distracting the world from the Royal Wedding. I just know that I was wrong....even though it was in jest...and for the record, I needed to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment